Wednesday, June 11, 2008

InBev offer

As you may or may not know, InBev has officially made an offer for Anheuser-Busch. My personal prediction is that the board will reluctantly accept the offer to keep the shareholders happy. Even if they reject it, InBev could attempt a hostile takeover.

What does this mean to me? Well, InBev will be looking to cut costs and the apparently currently outsource their IT. This means that means there is a very distinct possibility that I will lose my job after the takeover (if it happens).

I'm not going to passively wait to see what is going to happen. I've already started looking for another job. By starting early I hope to be able to be more selective about what I take rather than being desperate later. Of course, maybe I won't need to find another job. Nothing is certain right now.

No comments: