Thursday, July 10, 2008

Tonsils out

Rachel had her tonsils out on Monday and been pretty miserable this week. The doctor warned us that the third day may be the worst so I hope this means that she will start improving today.

We had a thunderstorm on Tuesday night that knocked down a mimosa tree. It's a tree that I had wanted to get rid of since it was right next to the garage and was starting to crush the gutter on that side. The tree fell into the yard or our neighbor who lives behind our garage.

I bought a chainsaw after work on Wednesday and cut the tree into sections small enough to throw over the fence and back into our yard. I will cut the tree into more manageable pieces later. I bought an electric chainsaw because I don't plan on using it very often and I didn't want to mess around with a gas powered tool. It's also better for the environment. I switched to an electric lawn mower a few years ago and I've been happy with that.

No comments: