Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Things are tough all over

I have worked at Anheuser-Busch for over ten years. Last month AB was bought by InBev. The name of the new company is Anheuser-Busch InBev, but this was definitely an acquisition -- not a merger. Everyone here has been concerned about job cuts. We have know that they are coming ever since the buyout was first proposed about 6 months ago. On Monday the plans were made public for this first time. 1400 salaried employees will be let go. About 1000 of those from the St. Louis area.

The numbers have been published but the names haven't. I have no idea whether or not I will be laid off or not. I expect to find out sometime next week. Obviously, if I am let go, this is not a great time to be looking for a job. On the bright side, between vacation and severance I would still have a paycheck until the end of April.

No comments: