Sunday, February 3, 2013

Lots of miles in January

I was curious what my mileage total for January would be. I knew it would be a lot because I rode 2 200Ks (even if only one counted). The total was 512 miles. This is a record for me for January. In fact, since my accident in 2008, I have only had three months with more than 500 miles. These were the months when I did my 2 400Ks and my 600K.

When I looked back at my logs to confirm this, I was surprise to find that I rode 465 miles in January of 2007. 2007 was my highest mileage year. I rode at least one century every month, an SR series, and that crazy 520 mile long weekend. I also rode group rides on many weekends.

I would love to get back to that level of fitness, but that will take getting back to that level of motivation. I did not miss many commuting days back then and still did weekend rides. I was finding excuses to ride instead of excuses not to ride. Riding 200Ks on consecutive weekends shows that my body is capable, I just need to get my mind in shape.


No comments: