Tuesday, February 26, 2008

More good news

Last week I had an appointment with my hand doctor. They took out my stitches and put my hand in a much smaller, removable splint. I can now actually use my right hand. Okay, it's not 100% yet. They gave me a list of exercises to do so that I can get my full range of motion back.

Then today, I saw my spine doctor. He said that I didn't need to see him again and that I didn't need to wear the brace anymore. That was great news. The brace really didn't limit my activities very much, but it was a pain to put on and take off, and it was uncomfortable in certain situations.

I called my hip doctor to see if I can get clearance to go back to work next week. I left a message and I am waiting on a call back. Work wants me to have a note before I come back.

Speaking of work, I am so glad to work where I do right now. Not only do I have good health insurance which is paying the undoubtedly enormous medical bills, but I have enough sick time that I don't have to worry about rushing back. If it was medically necessary, I could take a few months more off and still not miss a paycheck.

No comments: