Saturday, February 20, 2010

Foreshadowing: your key to quality literature

On my way home from Zac's house on Thursday night, I noticed that I had a stiff neck. I wondered why but didn't think any more about it. I woke up Friday morning with a sinus headache. For me, a sinus headache often starts in the back of my neck. If I had been thinking about I might have realized that this was the beginning of a sinus headache and taken some pseudoephedrine before I went to bed. I didn't do this and the woke up with a headache.

The worst part about waking up with a headache is that it means that I was sleeping with a headache and apparently that sleep doesn't count. Since I was was tired and in pain, I called in sick to work, took some medicine, and then went back to sleep.

I realize that a stiff neck is a symptom of a tension headache and not a sinus headache. I have decided to call them sinus headaches because the seem to be related to changes in the weather, sleeping doesn't help them, and sinus medicine helps them. Only pseudoephedrine works, not the replacement stuff. If the make it prescription only, it is going to be a real pain.

No comments: