Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Cane Mutiny

On Thursday I decided to go through my day without using my cane. I took it with me to work but I didn't use it. Things went well. On Friday, I rode my bike to physical therapy. It's only a little over a mile each way. My therapist was fine with me not using the cane as long as I am careful not to limp. If I am not paying attention, I sometimes list a bit to the left when walking. I didn't even take my cane with me to work. I don't think I'll be using it anymore unless I take a long walk.

I needed to go to the hardware store today to get some parts for the kitchen sink. I went to the True Value hardware store on Manchester because they are always very helpful. It's one of the advantages of going to a small store rather than a big box store. The kids went with me because they like the big gumball machine that they have there. We also went to the bike store so I could pick up my new helmet. My old helmet wasn't damaged in the accident but it wearing out. After that we stopped at Jack in the Box for lunch.

I almost felt guilty about driving for such a short errand. It was about 2.5 miles total. But the weather was cold and rainy and I had the kids with me so it would not have been practical to walk.

No comments: