Monday, April 7, 2008

A good day

The weather was was wonderful again yesterday. In the morning my daughter Rachel and I decided to walk to Steak N Shake for breakfast. It's a about a mile and a quarter each way. Rachel, who is 7, is an excellent walker and I knew she would walk it with any trouble. I was a little worried about myself. Rachel told me that there were benches along the way where I could stop and rest. Fortunately I did not end up needing them.

A little later, Rachel, A.J., and I made chocolate chip cookies. After that, I watched the Cardinals win and then I took a nap.

Helen went to the grocery store and picked up bratwurst and corn for dinner. We grilled for the first time this year and the kids ran around in the back yard. It doesn't get much better than this.

No comments: